Tuesday 11 December 2012

Cookery!

Today we had our very fist cookery class.We made Swiss roll and I must say it didn't go as bad as I thought it would.Since some people in the class had done junior cert home ec and others hadn't we had to team up with someone who hadn't.Since I did home ec I had to team up with someone who hadn't.
We had a few mishaps but in the end our Swiss roll wasn't too bad.Firstly we had to collect our equipment;even tough I did home ec for 3 years it had been so long since I cooked in the school kitchens I couldn't remember where anything was.Our first mistake was using the wrong amount of sugar;then we didn't have a mixer so we had to go into the other kitchen to barrow one and finally we used way too much coco powder.When we were rolling the Swiss roll i thought it wasn't going to work;but it did!
I cant wait to start baking harder things because I made Swiss roll in first year so it was a bit easy for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment