Tuesday 30 April 2013

Gaisce Hike

On Friday a few of us went to Kippure Adventure Center to hike 25 kilometers for our gaisce award.
At the start of the year everyone was offered to take part in getting a bronze Gaisce award.To get the award each person had to take up a new sport,learn a new skill,do 13 weeks of community involvement and hike 25 kilometers. 
Since we are coming to the end of the year we went on our hike on Friday and Saturday.On the Friday night we hiked for 3 hours,which coverd 10 kilometers.Then on the Saturday we hiked 15 in 4 hours.
I thought it would be a lot harder than it was;we got to take lots of breaks to wait for people to catch up.I was at the front of the group most of the time so I got the most breaks.The views were really nice because we were hiking over 4 mountains.
I really enjoyed myself and had lots of fun because we got to stay in houses in the adventurer center.There was only five people in my house which was good because we had to make our own dinner and breakfasts.We stayed up very late on the Friday so I had to call everyone the next morning so we would be ready in time to start hiking again.
It was really fun and I would like to do the silver award next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment